Friday, June 20, 2008

My husband finds me boring

After being gone for 3 months and talking everyday, N. has decided I'm 'boring' and that he doesn't want to talk to me but ever other day, at the most.  
Wow.  I find that funny.  I told him in the beginning when he was super excited about the fact we could talk via messenger this deployment that it'd get boring.  That we'd run out of things to talk about.  He blew me off, saying 'We love each other, we should talk everyday and we can do a web cam to keep it interesting.'  The daily chats are fine, if you're exciting.  But I'm not.  Somedays, I take the kids places and have cute stories to tell him but most days, we chill here or we go out to the park and nothing interesting happens.  I can't help that, I can't make funny things happen.  I can't fill my life with drama.  
But N. thinks I should.  I guess we're here for his entertainment, his amusement.  After 40 minutes of sitting on the computer, staring at each other on web cam, he announces "Okay, I'm not talking to you anymore, you're boring.  Ping me if anything interesting happens."
I'm thinking it's going to be a while before I send out that next ping.

3 comments:

jae said...

Maybe you should let him know that if he wants to stay there a little longer he should feel free! Now that you have an artificial dick that won't become an asshole, what good can come of him coming home? hehe

Alicia said...

I'll admit there are days when we talk on the phone that I'm like, "I have nothing to say. I'm gonnna go now," but telling you you're boring is kinda messed up. Since when did you become a dancing monkey?

I bet he'll ping you first!

Sara said...

I am a horrible wife. That just made it official. I'm reading this going, 'what a dick to say that', and then I realized I've done it. *gasp* I need to go apologize.