Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A longer intro about me

This is a more 'formal' introduction to me.  Mostly because I realize some people who don't yet know me might happen upon my blog and want to know about me.

I'm a 26 yr old mother of 2 and wife to one.  My kids are 5 and 1 1/2.  My husband is in the Navy and we've been together for 6 1/2 yrs now.  No pets, but that's because they either die or run away.

I am a SAHM which to some people sounds peachy, but when you realize I spend 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week with my kids, it doesn't sound that great.  Yes, I love them very much, but sometimes, I'd like to speak to someone who doesn't scream at me when spongebob doesn't magically appear on the TV.  Being that my husband is military, I have a limited amount of time with him and his help with the kids is based on whether or not he's in town.

I maintain what little sanity I have by playing games online and talking to friends and family via instant messenger. 

I started my online social interaction on a 'mommy site'.  Which is actually, if you're a mom, a good place to start.  You can get advice, give help to new moms if you're a veteran and someone's always posting something to brighten your day.  Lately though, I feel like doing more with my online writing and that's why I started my blog.  It is also a way for me to keep up with friends who are either no longer on the site or who don't have time to get on as much but still want to know what's going on.

Another bit of information about me...
I'm over weight.  I'm trying to fix this.  In April I got a gym membership to Gold's Gym and have been working really hard to lose the extra pounds.  So far, Since I started, I've lost 15 pounds total.  Hopefully, by the time my gym membership is up (two yrs) I'll have lost the weight I want to lose and will once again be able to wear the clothes I like.

Instead of feeding this into my journal on the parenting site I was on, I plan on keeping these separate.  But I will be bringing some things from other there to here, mostly so I can keep the things I really want together in one place.  Mostly my 'gym journal' but maybe a few other things.  So if you see any duplicates, that's why.

No comments: