Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 26; The gym and the aquarium

I got to the gym again today.  A was actually good at the kid's place and behaved like the perfect little gentleman he should be. (yeah, right).  Since I'm going to Slidell, LA in less than a week, I have to get my gym time in now.  Even if I wanted to transfer my membership while I'm there, I can't.  There are no Gold's in all of L.A..  I'm hoping I'll be able to get some sort of physical activity going on while I'm there.  Probably will mostly be walking with the kids at the part and shopping, but that's still better than sitting on my ass.


After we did the gym thing, we did the aquarium thing.  I paid for the membership so we're going to be going a lot this summer.  One of the perks is that you don't have to wait in line. They scan your card and give you a parking token and you're on your way.  Well, not today for me.  I get to the counter and there's only one chick working and she's trying to sign someone up for membership.  I waited 5 min.  Doesn't sound too long, except when you have an anxious 5 yr old screaming 'I wanna see the fishies!!!'  So, I went in the 'commoner's line'.  And she tried to refuse to help me.  Said I had to stand in the members line.  I told her that was ridiculous because one of the 'benefits' to the membership is not having to wait, but people who were walking in the door were getting to go right in, while I had to stand in line.  I asked 'Is it really a big deal to scan me here instead of there?'  They had a scanner, so I don't see the difference.  Finally, the other chick scanned me in and gave me a parking token.  If the regular line was busy, I could understand it, but there was no one in line and all they were doing was giggling about the hottie who walked in before me.  I want my perks damn it!  I don't want to wait 15 min while some old dude and his wife discuss whether they should add their college age son on the membership or not, whether it's worth the extra $15 to put his name on there.  Especially not with a 5 yr old who'd been promised the aquarium for a week now and damn it, mommy better deliver.

No comments: