Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Friday Feast #194 (#1 for Me)

Cathy sent a link to a blog prompt called 'Friday Feast'  The prompt is on Feast 194, but since I've just started, this is my first.

Appetizer

If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?

I would love to live in Asia.  Backpacking through Asia, seeing all the different cultures, all the different people would be amazing.  Of course, I'd probably spend more than a fair amount of time in Japan, it being one of my dream countries to visit.  But I'd also love to see China, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, The Philippines and all the other countries of the area.  Asia has some of the most beautiful scenery, and some of the most interesting history.  It'd be nice to see it first hand.

Soup

Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?

Mostly Safari, but when things don't function properly on it, I'll switch to Firefox.

Salad

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?

I'd like to think I'm a 5.  I know a lot, but would probably have to be prompted to remember it.  I'd probably rock a multiple choice quiz, but fail the essay portion.

Main Course

Finish this sentence:  Love is…

Eternal.  Even when someone breaks your heart, you still love them.  But you're so angry at yourself for being fooled, for being hurt that you turn that love into a negative feeling.  If you didn't love them so much, you could never feel that anger towards them.

Dessert

Have you ever been in or near a tornado?

No, but I've been in a hurricane and an earthquake.  About 2 years ago, a tornado passed right by my dad's house.  The house I'd lived in for 10 yrs of my life, on the land I had know for since I was two.  It's amazing the selective damage a tornado can do.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I couldn't agree more with your main course. Good stuff, Lisa.

Homeslice said...

great post!

Lweeks said...

Learn something new everyday. I should have known you'd say Asia! I hope you get to spend time there visiting the places you mentioned and taking pictures along the way.

jae said...

Great Post! I couldn't agree more.

Destiny said...

You seem to come up with the coolest things.

Asia does some beautiful scenery and fascinating history. Now if I could just get past the heat, humidity and bigs it would be great.