Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hello from Slidell!

Hi!  So, as some of you know, I got to Slidell okay.  The drive was longer than I remember.  It's only 9 hrs but I took nearly 10.  Last time, I did it in 8.  One thing that didn't help is that the kids wanted to take an hour to eat their lunch.  An hour.  For 1/2 a pack of french fries in the McDonalds Happy Meal!  Towards the end of their meal, I was laying with my head on the table, taking a nap.  Also, there was construction on I-10 in Houston.  A normally 3 lane road taken down to just one.  We were crawling.
Add to that the fact there was a wreck on the other side of the interstate at one point and everyone had to stop to look, plus the 50 horses that people were riding, that again, everyone had to look, it took an hour and a half longer than I had planned.

Three of Andrea's six kids, the older three, are staying with family, so the house is realitively empty.  And also, we're able to go places.  Her van only holds 8, so with all the kids here, we're taking two cars.  Yesterday, my first full day here, we decided to go to the mall.  I've been needing some new tennis shoes and since I can't make decisions on my own, Andrea helped me pick them out.
Photobucket
Also, we found another shoe store that was having a great sale and I picked up some cute red heels for only $7.
Photobucket
And, I've been wanting a pair of sunglasses, but since I hate my nose, I had Andrea there to help me out.
Photobucket
Who doesn't love 'buy one get one free'?
We've decided that living far apart is probably a good thing, we both spend way too much money when we're together.

Today, we just took the kids to the park and let them play for a few hours. Also, we stopped and bought them a kiddy pool and a sprinkler to keep them entertained while they're outside.
We don't really have plans to do much during the week. We have 5 kids here and Ray (her DH) doesn't get home until late, so there's not a lot we can do. But this weekend, we have plans to go out drinking and to go to the French Quarter in New Orleans so I can take pictures. I'm so doing the touristy thing. We're also hoping to meet up with Cajungal from Maya's Mom. She lives about an hour from Andrea and they've never met. Should be fun to meet someone I've been talking to for so long.
Well, that's all in the way of an update. Sorry we're not more exciting. Hopefully, I'll have more pictures later to post and more exciting stuff, but for now we're being boring and just enjoying each other's company.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

please tell andrea, and her non-leaky pee pee, that me and my non-leaking pee pee say hi!

Anonymous said...

It is so great that you guys get along so well.

I love your shopping finds! $7 shoes!?! Can shoes even be made for that cheap???


Oh, and for some reason whenever I see cajungal's name I pronounce it ca-jungle. Every single time.

Lweeks said...

Oooooooh, I got warm fuzzies reading this. Friends, shopping, shoes - yahoo! I'm glad you're safe and sound and with your bff. Keep it coming!

Jess said...

Glad you made it! 10 hours in the car with kids sounds like no fun at all. I hope you have a great time and I look forward to updatess.

Sara said...

Huh Homey? What?

I love the red shoes! I want them. We're the same size. Hand 'em over.

Have an awesome time there and tell 6 I love her. Oh, and tell yourself that too. Wish I could be there with you!

Alicia said...

Those red heels are awesome. I'm jealous.

I hope you and Andrea have a wonderful visit!

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the crappy drive over...although I'm cracking up at the thought of you passed out at McDonald's. It sounds like your visit is off to a great start though. Hope you guys have a great time.