Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bowling!

Tonight, Andrea and I got the great idea to go bowling.  Neither of us are very good.  I haven't bowled in years (nick is an expert bowler from his childhood days and I don't want to compete with that).  While picking out the perfect ball (which took about 15 min.) I told Andrea the story of Nick's Best Friend who lost his finger in a freak bowling accident.  According to Best Friend, the ball got stuck to his finger and when he threw it, popped his ring finger right off, at the knuckle.  After that, all small-holed balls were described as 'the nub' and were feared by us.
Here are a few pics from the night.

We're so awesome.
Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketAt the end of the night, Andrea ended up beating me by less than 10 points.  BUT, she got 2 strikes and I only got one, so I was more consistent in my suckiness than she was.

Afterwards, we went to get daiquiris.  I have to admit, I love Louisiana.  Many other states have drive through alcohol shops.  They give you the daiquiris in a sealed cup that you open when you get home.  Get pulled over with the seal broken and it's a driving with an open container.  Not Louisiana.  It's a Styrofoam cup with a lid on it.  And a place with a straw.  The only rule in  LA is that the straw cannot be in the lid if you get pulled over.  But anyone can pop off the lid and take a few gulps from it.  And that's why I love LA.  Like any state in the union, driving while drinking is frowned upon, but here, they only make it a little inconvenient.  I wonder what the stats on the DUIs and DWIs is.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Remind me never to drive anywhere near LA! Or be on the street for that matter.

Bowling night sounds fun! I still remember that story you told me about Nick's BF losing his finger and now that's a major source of paranoia for me too. I'm sticking to virtual bowling but it looks like you guys had a great time.

Sara said...

I am reminded why I hate bowling. My fingers are too stubby to lose any! And you were laughing at my drunken ass. Ha! Can you get in trouble with the lid off and no straw? I never did get drive-thru alcohol. It's like drive-thru braille.

Alicia said...

I hate that Nick's best friend bowling story. The first time I heard it, it made my knees turn to jello. Ick.

I'm with Cathy... remind me to never drive in LA.

Lweeks said...

Woo hoo!!! Looks like a very fun night. Drive through alcohol - hmmm, never heard of it.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are rocking the town, one way or another, LOL!

Destiny said...

I really love bowling. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Drivethru liqor sales amaze me. I have never heard of that but if they have margariettas I might be taking a side trip soon.

Homeslice said...

hey nubs! andrea has a sweet ass :-) looks like a ton of fun, especially the daiquiri part!