Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Photo Journal, New Orleans

Andrea and I went to N.O. on Sunday.  Mostly because the N.O. you see at night is very different from the one during the day.  The night is full of drunken debauchery, and the day is full of culture.  It's hard to pick a favorite.  While I went mostly to take photos of the buildings, I managed to get a few of the atmosphere:
Photobucket
Photobucket
We also went and took photos of two large catholic churchs

St Joseph:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

St Louis Cathedral:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

While in St Louis, we managed to set off the alarm.  It actually happened when we opened the door to the sanctuary.  I call it the heathen alarm.  They must have known.  
A nun working the gift shop told us that it did that randomly and by opening the door, we couldn't have set it off.  That made us feel only a little better.  Finally we found our courage and actually went in.  The inside is just as beautiful as the outside

The Sanctuary:
Photobucket
Photobucket

I took a few random photos of the buildings as we walked around.  I really do love how the buildings look.  There is a lot of detail work in them, even the 'common' buildings.
Random Buildings:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Destiny said...

Great photos. I really love your perspective, not your usual tourist pics. The B&W works well for these.

Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

The "heathen" alarm

Bwhahahahahahaha

Good post Lis....LOVE the pics...glad it worked for you finally ;)

Ummmmm its me...can you tell? Can you SMELL a fellow redhead?

Homeslice said...

the pictures are beautiful. i'm just finishing an anne rice novel that's set there, and it looks just like she describes it :-)

Sara said...

Great pics Lis! I miss NO. I recognized a few places. It really is a great city.