Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tree Guys and Trampoline.

For some reason, when we're together, Andrea and I can't have a normal evening.  The past 3 nights have had a lot of interesting things happening in them, so much going on that I've had problems keeping up with the photos and my blogging!
On Monday, Andrea had some men come out to her house to start clearing out the trees so they can level their yard.  Their home is in a flood zone and in order to make it safer for them and a place they can live in, they have a lot of yard work to do.  So, Tree Guy and Chubby Tree Guy came over at night and started cutting down the trees.  After they left, after dark had set in, Andrea and I went to the Daiquiri shop, where it was $6 large (32oz)  drinks.  We each got one, planning on going home, chilling at the house, sipping our drinks.  Well, her older two kids were up.  One is 12 and the other is 14.  Andrea is the type of mom who has one of those relationships with her kids where she can talk to them and they can talk to her.  Nothing is out of bounds, as long as you're showing her respect.  32oz of Daiquiri and an hour and a half later, Andrea and I were hyper, but not drunk.  Did I mention it was around 2 a.m.?  
For some reason, one of us got the brilliant idea to jump on the trampoline.  Probably me.  The boys came out with us and jumped as well.  Then they got the camera.  Great...
Photobucket
Photobucket

After that, the boys thought they'd teach us how to dance.  We have no rhythm.  But I have a recorder, and I got Andrea dancing... Making an ass of herself.




Okay, enough of that.
On Tuesday, Tree Guy and Chubby Tree Guy came back.  I forgot to mention earlier that there is an unwritten rule around here.  When people do work on your house, you buy them beer.  Not that Tree Guy needed it, he came to work every day pretty toasty.  At least they were the cheapest in the phone book.
Tree guy insisted on scaring the shit out of us.  By climbing 60 feet up in the air and hanging upside down and other freaky shit.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

He also insisted on Andrea cutting down the tree.  I decided to hold the camera, especially when he told me to get on the rope and help pull the tree down.  Umm, no.  You're getting paid, not me.
Photobucket

Last photo, a pic of Andrea, posing with Tree Man.
Photobucket

You would think it'd end there.  But no, not when we're together.  At midnight, Andrea, her sons and I decided to get Taco Bell.  When we get to the intercom, none of us, but Andrea has a clue what we want.  She orders food for a platoon and then turns to me.  I put mine in as well.  She asks her sons what they want and we get the usual, "Ummm, I don't know" and Andrea yells at them, "What do you fucking want??"  I think I heard the guy in Taco Bell laughing.  The boys order, and we pull around, only to have both of them say they want more.  Damn teenagers.  So we get to the window and add onto our order.  Taco Bell guy is of course, trying not to fall over he's laughing so hard.
Ten minutes later, pulling into the driveway, Andrea realizes she didn't get her drink.  Instead of doing the 'normal' thing, and drinking the damn drinks we have already in the fridge, we decide to drive all the way back and get her drink.  Because you need Pepsi with Taco Bell.  (That's according to Andrea).
Pulling off the interstate, Andrea screams "Is that my tree guy???"  And it was!  Walking across the street, with a bagged beer in hand, is drunken Tree Guy.  We roll down the window, scream "Tree Guy!!!!" and his lanky ass comes running up to us.  With blood on his nose.  According to him, he was sitting on the side of the road, drinking his beer, when a dog ran up, bit him on the nose, and ran off.  Awe, tree guy, don't lie.  You fell down.  You drunk mo-fo.
We did get our drink.  And Taco Bell Guy was laughing his ass of at us, but I think it was more so because drunken Tree Guy was sitting on our hood yelling "Everything is bigger in Texas".  They even gave me a free lemonade.  We dropped drunken Tree Guy off at the side of the road (he lives in a motel... a real winner that one) and went home for our Taco Bell feast.
Yum.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

your tags are awesome for this post. and i hate to admit it, but drunk andrea dances better than sober cristina. and dude, what is it with you guys and the crazys? whatever brand of crazy they are selling down there in LA, i want some of it. it makes me laugh.

Kate said...

OMG. I can't stop laughing about Tree Guy!! You girls have the best adventures together!

Christina said...

You two need to turn off the crazy guy magnets or something, I don't know anyone who can attract as many nutjobs as the two of you. At least it makes life interesting, right? LMAO

Sara said...

Have they been choreographing that for a while, or...? You do seem to be a bit of a crazy magnet. Not sure what that says about me.

Crazy tree guy, lmao.

Unknown said...

LOL!! Never a dull moment with you guys, yeah?

Lweeks said...

That was fucking hilarious!!! Thanks for the entertainment. I agree with Andrea on the Pepsi/Taco Bell thing. You must have Pepsi with Taco Bell. I could probably do without drunk tree guy...

momto4kidsny said...

OMG..I'm laughing really hard with this one! What is it about you two that you attract all the crazies? Never a dull moment for sure! Can't wait to see what happens next with the two of you!

jae said...

GO ANDREA GOOO! Shake your white girl booty!

That video is hilarious, and so is Tree Guy. The picture of Andrea with Tree Guy is fucking priceless!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I don't even know what to say about this craziness!? How can one person comment on drunk tree guy, dancing Andrea, late night trampolines and taco bell f-bombs all in one comment!? This is hilarious!!