Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sick and fishie ramblings.

We survived the storm yesterday.  Yay.  We're actually drying out quite nicely.

I've missed the gym the past two days.  Yesterday because the potential floods and the tornado warnings in our area and today because I woke up feeling like I was going to throw up.  This is not the typing of a happy mommy.  I'm not sure where, but I've caught a bug from somewhere.  All I've been able to eat today is saltines and drink 7Up.  The thought of anything else makes me sick.  I'm also super tired.  Like, don't even want to get out of bed tired, want to lay on the computer desk while I type this tired.  So tired that I got books in the mail and they are still sitting in a pile, not read, not shelved.  For those of you who know of my obsession with my books, you know this is bad.  I've been using my new phone (Yay) to keep up with things on the web.  It's good for something.  I managed to get a nap for about 2hrs while Zuri napped and Aaron was mesmerized by the TV.  He keeps asking to go to the Aquarium and I plan on taking him tomorrow if I'm feeling better.  
He wanted to go yesterday and cried when I told him we had to wait for the hurricane to come through.  He didn't understand the storm thing, we've driven in rain before, so I had to tell him that because of the Hurricane, they had to take the fishies out and make them safe.  We wouldn't want anything to happen to the Fishies.  That seemed to work for yesterday and 'mommy is sick' worked for today.  But he keeps talking about 'the big bridge' and going to the aquarium.
I plan on dosing myself with NyQuil tonight so I can sleep like the dead and manage tomorrow like I need to.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Hope you're feeling better. I was thinking of you last night when I heard about the hurricane. I'm glad to know you're safe.

Homeslice said...

glad you are okay, but that sucks about how sick you are and that you can't get a break with the kids right now. being a single mom sucks sometimes, doesn't it?? i bet you can't wait for nick to come home. hope you feel better tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Glad to hear you all are drying out and survived the storm okay. Being sick sucks big time. I hope your home Nyquil remedy works magic and you're back to 100% tomorrow.

Christine said...

Awww that totally blows! Nothing worse in the world then a sick stomach! I hope it's only for 24 hours. Hang in..

Sara said...

Hope you are feeling better quick and get to go see those fishies!

Dawn said...

Dangit! That means you got the new Stephanie Plum book in the mail and there will be no way of me catching up with you! LOL

Sorr you are feeling like crap. Totally sucks not being able to sleep when you NEED to!

Hope you are well by morning!

Oh, check out my 100th post on my blog. I'm giving away a ...................... BOOK! LOL And, it may be one you don't have!! lol

Anonymous said...

Ewww! 7-up is only good in slush!
BTW, last night I had a dream that you called me and said that you had figured out why you've been so sick and tired. You said you had taken like 5 pregnancy tests and they were all positive. You were so pissed! Not upset or sad, you were very angry. I knew how impossible it was for you to be pregnant so I told you to read the box again to make sure you were reading the results right. So you're screaming at me, "Yeah, okay Andrea! Maybe that's the problem! Maybe I just can't figure out how to read a god damn test window! You know, just because I haven't had to do this every month of my life like you have, doesn't mean I can't figure the fucking thing out! Here's the box, I will read it to you. 'After two minutes, read the results in the test window. One line means you are not.....ovulating? OVULATING?!?!?! OMG!!! I'v taken 5 of these and didn't realize they are ovulation tests!!!"
I woke up laughing!
Hope you feel better soon!