Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Catching up; gym, crying, roads, hotels and margaritas.

I did my gym thing today.  Yay me!  I spent my hour on the elliptical and when I got off, I felt as though I was floating on a cloud.  It was such a weird feeling that I actually said "Weeeee" out loud to a room full of women working out.  That got a few giggles and we all started talking.  Apparently gym ladies are all wanting to talk, but don't want to be the first to say something.  I've realized that if I set the machine at an hour and say to myself 'Self, you only have to do half an hour' when I get to that half hour mark, my self says back to me 'Fuck that!  I'm going the full hour!'  I'm an inspiration to myself.
I got my yarn for the afghan that I'm wanting to make for Andrea.  It's a similar pattern to the other one I was working on, but the colors match her house.  Claret, forest green, dark taupe and light taupe.  Already I can see it's going to be hard to give to her.  The colors work so well together and the stitches just seem to fall off my hook.  I'm putting the kids' afghan off until I finish this one.  I also priced the yarn for the baby blanket I'm wanting to make for Nick's best friend and his wife.  Over $50.  That kinda took me by surprise, because the yarn I need for Andrea's is way less, and they're the same price.  The baby blanket is going to be a LOT of work.  But I'm excited to do it.  I made one for my cousin and she loves it so much it hangs in her daughter's room, not allowed to leave the wall.
Another thing that I've started to notice about me, I get emotional when i work out.  Sometimes it's a scene on TV or a thought that pops in my head, but many times I find myself trying not to cry.  Even a song can do it to me.  And I don't listen to sad music!  I have to really work at it to keep myself from blubbering like an idiot on the elliptical or the weights.  I don't think other people will understand what's wrong.  Cause I sure as hell don't.
I'm pissed at the city right now.  Before the hurricane last week, for the past month or so, they've been re-doing the drainage on our road.  A good thing,  we live in an area where the roads flood even after a moderate rain.  Anyway, the drainage was laid about 3 or 4 days before the hurricane and they just left.  The road is torn up and they leave it like that.  The heavy rains from the hurricane washed the sand/gravel mixture they used to cover the drains away and now the westbound part of our road is 1/3 gone.  If you don't want to risk driving into the ditch, you have to drive in the east bound lane.  I really, really hope they fix it before school starts.  There is an Elementary school down the road and I can see a bus hitting the eroded part of the road and ending up in a 3 foot ditch.  Even the trucks that deliver to the nursery on our street have to drive carefully or they'll lose their load of trees to those monster ditches.
Nick's departure date got pushed back from the 1st to the 8th.  We had made plans to stay at the Mariott on the Riverwalk on the weekend of the 12th, but have to push back the plans because if the Navy plane takes a crap on them, we won't be able to to make the reservations in time.  I called the hotel and tried to get new reservations for the following weekend, but unfortunately, all the military rated room are gone.  That's pretty much the only way we can afford the place.  Fortunately, the Mariott has another hotel just two blocks away that has rooms avaliable and we'll be staying there.  There's a 'world famous' restuarant somewhere in the area, Mi Tierra, and we've made plans to visit it.  The sell margaritas by the liter.  Woohoo!  I love me some margaritas!

9 comments:

Dawn said...

After totally spewing a laugh at your Weeee comment you made me almost tear up and want to hug you! LOL

Is it that time of the month or does working out always make you that emotional? lol

I am STILL sitting here laughing! Cause I just don't see you being the sensitive emotional type to cry while burning calories!

Homeslice said...

yep, working out makes me cry a bit too - but only because i have to look at myself in the mirror!!!

Lisa said...

I have no clue what it is. I literally feel myself choking up with emotion! I have no clue why. I've noticed it before while working out, but today I actually started tearing up, so it's getting worse
I think it's the same reason I cry when I'm angry, or even really happy. Because of the rush of emotion and hormone. I guess working out triggers an emotional rush in me.

ChefDruck said...

I'm very impressed - you do an hour! I do 30 minutes every day and I also want to say WEE as I get off!

Thanks for entering the contest for a copy of The Beach House at my blog!

Sara said...

I get the weeee feeling at the end, but during it? I sometimes feel like crying. I think it's because it's the only time I am really alone to think. All my crap comes up as I work out. It's worth the high at the end though.

Cynthia said...

Good for you on the workout!

4 Lettre Words said...

I always say I want to learn to crochet, but I don't know when it will happen b/c I have a lot of "I wants"! Can't wait to see pics of the baby blanket!

Christina said...

I'm a crying wreck too, sappy commercials kill me. I also cry to almost every song on the latest Dixie Chicks album, meaning that my way too and from work has become a lot more dangerous since sobbing and driving is a bad combination!

Those margaritas and the time at the hotel sound wonderful, have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about MY afghan!!! LOL!
And I know why you get emotional working out. It's because you miss me and know how much fun we would have working out together. (haha)
I get emotional when I think about going to Taco Bell because I know it won't be nearly as fun without you here:(