Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A boring entry...

I went to the gym today for the first time in a month.  Wow.  Though I did the same workout that I was doing before, and I actually completed it, I still feel like I'm dying.  It's amazing what a month of slacking off can do to you.  I did feel really good when the trainer came by and said "Looking skinnier!"  Even though I know she's probably lying, it still feels nice to hear it.

Aaron is still at the in-laws.  I did get an IM from them though.  They can't do it.  He's too much work.  My MIL conceded that taking care of Aaron was way too much work and she's admitted that she now knows why my house isn't looking like a museum all the time and why I'm always burned out.  I think that means I win.  Yay, points for me!

Zuri has throughly surprised me.  Today while looking at her Dora ball, I pointed to the butterflies on it and asked "What are these?" Thinking I'd have to tell her, just wanting to try and add a word.  "Beeflies" she said to me, all excited.  Okay, so not exactly what I was looking for, but DAMN close!  I started laughing and bounced the ball off her head and she looked at me and said "Sorry!"  I think she was telling me to say I was sorry, so I apologized while trying not to giggle at her.

I got to wear my new shoes when I went to the gym.  Those are some damn comfortable shoes!  I'm always worried about spending money on things like that because they feel really good in the store, but when I get them home and wear them out, my feet will hurt.  Not this time.  They felt awesome.

Nick got off the boat last night.  He said it was the worst boat he's ever been on.  I guess when you're used to the 'roominess' of a carrier, all other ships can seem cramped.  They also didn't have the coffin lockers (Lockers that are located under the mattress and you open it like the lid to a coffin and keep your belongings in there) and the beds were stacked 4 high instead of 3 high, like on a carrier.  Another issue, the 'big' lockers were all occupied.   A few Marines had left the ship to go to Iraq and instead of finding somewhere else to secure their belongings, they left them on the ship, so no one else had lockers.  Many of the guys were living out of bags for the week.  Not a big deal, unless you think of how small and cramped everything is.  And, of course, because they didn't have lockers, they had to worry about thieves.  Nick didn't know they wouldn't have locker space and he brought his electronics from the hotel with him.  He had to carry his laptop and iPod everywhere he went.  Even with that, someone still managed to swipe his iPod.  A little pissed at that, but there's nothing we can do other than fill out a report and maybe it'll show up.

That's all.  Just a boring ass entry.

6 comments:

Homeslice said...

wow - aaron burned them out already! so when do you have to pick him up? and go zuri with the "beeflies" :-)

Lisa said...

They will be bringing him home on Saturday.
They are willing to deliver him to me. Yeah, it's that bad.

Destiny said...

That really sucks that someone stole the IPOD.

They must be desparate if they are bring him instead of making you come get him. Good luck when he gets home.

Annita said...

Oh I can't even imagine trying to start working out again. I'd probably cramp, even in super-comfy new shoes.
Go Zuri! Beeflies are beautiful.

Sara said...

Glad you got a break from Aaron, and points for you is always good. Sucks about the iPod. Was it his brand new one too? The claustrophobia quotient in that situation is beyond comprehension. 4 bunks in a row? Talk about coffin.

Go Zuri with her "beeflies." Ryan calls every bug a lady bug, so she's doing better than him.

Lweeks said...

Great job at the gym!! What a good feeling that the in-laws now actually understand what it is to walk in your shoes. "beeflies" is so adorable. Are you getting any of this on tape? I'd love to see a Youtube entry with your kiddos.
Poor Nick - yuckko.