Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gym again, Phone too

I went to the gym again today.  yay me!  Unfortunately, I wore the wrong socks and now have a giant blister on the arch of my foot.  It's about the same size of my entire pinky finger.  I could feel it coming on, but didn't stop to fix it because the only fix would have been going home and putting on new socks.  I guess I'll just have to suffer through tomorrow.

I ordered a new phone because when Nick comes back, he'll want his old one and my old one sucks.  I've been looking at the Blackberry, the Blackberry Pearl and the Palm Centro.  Andrea got the Pearl while I was at her house and I played with it a little and really liked it.  Instead of ordering it, I ordered the Palm.  Sprint has a policy where you order a phone and if you don't like it, you can return it in two weeks and get a new one.  I was worried the Palm would be too wide and the keys too small, but it's actually really easy to use.  Also, it has the added plus of a stylus.  And it's pink!  I've been playing with it, seeing how easy it is to access things on it and since it's pretty easy, I think I'll keep it.  At first, it seems like a lot of phone.  But lately, I've realized I'm pretty forgetful and I have phone numbers, addresses, passwords, account numbers, birthdays and appointment date/times all over the place.  I'm flipping through books, digging in drawers and looking at old calendars trying to remember all that I have going on in my life and my friends/family's life.  I figure a phone that is also a PDA type device is the way to go.  I'm not planning on throwing out all my paperwork, just in case something happens to the Palm, but I'm not going to have to dig anymore.  So that's a new step in getting me more organized before Aaron goes to school next year.

8 comments:

Annita said...

As organized as you are, or at least seem to be, I'm surprised you didn't have this or a similar system set up already. Congrats on your new phone. :-)
Sorry for the blister. Those suck.

Lisa said...

That's true Annita, it would seem I'd have had one by now. Truth is, we've never been able to afford one. Normally, I get the cheapest/free phone they have when I renew my service. For the first time, I'm spending money on 'me' and getting a nice, expensive phone that can do every thing but turn lead into gold! I think I deserve it after 6 years of crappy cells.

Homeslice said...

it helps me out a ton having everything in one place. i couldn't manage without my blackberry - especially the contacts and calendar portions :-)

Sara said...

I am a paper and pen kind of girl, but I have the best one of those money can buy. I suck with anything phone related. I do pay as you go, cheap and uncomplicated. I hate talking on the phone anyway, so it's just easier.

Don't pop the blister! I always yell at Mark for that.

Christine said...

You will LOVE it! Yikes with the blister..that sucks.

Christina said...

Congrats, that sounds like fun (the phone, not the blister). Hope that painful blister heals quickly, I can only imagine how that must hurt, ouch!

Dawn said...

Hey, thanks for the review on the phone. My contract is up in Sept. and I'm getting something new. I hate my phone.

I was going to go with the iphone, but not now... after I've heard about all the problems and the increased monthly costs.

I'll definitely check out the palm. Brett has a blackberry and likes it. I'll let you know what I get when I get it because I will definitely blog about it! LOL I can't wait to trash the phone I have!!

Dawn said...

I totally forgot to comment about the gym and Nick! I was so focused on the phone! LOL

Good for you for getting back into the groove of working. Sucks about the blister though.

I'm sure Nick is ready to be home. I don't know how he does it - staying on ships. I'm too clostraphobic for that.
Totally stinks his ipod got stolen. Ugh!