Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just a little housekeeping

Andrea and I have been so busy!  Separately, we get nothing done but a little laundry and a few dishes.  But together, we can move mountains.  Sometimes the thought comes to me, 'She didn't come here, all the way from Louisiana, to help me re-organize my house.'  But when I try to suggest something else, she says she's having fun, so we keep at it.  
We have hung shelves in the living room for decoration:
Photobucket

Shelves in the laundry room for function:
Photobucket

And worked on an art project for my living room because the wall looked so bare:
Photobucket

We even got the fireplace cleaned off, so that if I wanted to, I could enjoy a nice fire (which will never happen.):
Photobucket

It's really nice to have a super organized house.  I always get plans and ideas but never have the drive to carry them out.  The kids always distract me, or the project seems too big to tackle alone.  While Andrea is here, we get an idea and work on it and while we're trying to finish that end up doing 90 other things.
So, if you ever need to clean out your house, ever need to re-organize a closet, invite a good friend over to help you do it.  Having someone to laugh with can make even the most disgusting task (we're changing out a toilet later on tonight) seem like a lot of fun.  

3 comments:

Homeslice said...

how did you guys do that artwork???it's really cool! and as for swapping out a toilet, i'm impressed. i'm bold, but not bold enough to tackle plumbing.

Christina said...

That artwork is cool. I love the decorative shelf. I have less than zero talent for decorating so I am really in awe of your projects!

Annita said...

Nice work girls! :-)
Did you change out a toilet? How did that go?
When you're done, stop by my place. I could use a hand. Or four.