Friday, August 15, 2008

Ho-hum

I haven't done anything in a few days besides surveys, so it's nice to get back to what my blog was made for.
I signed Aaron up for school on the 12th.  It was actually pretty easy and quick because we missed the regular sign up date and went when no one else was there. He's not excited about school.  When I ask him if he wants to go, he yells 'NO' at me.  I think once he gets there, he'll like it as much as he liked Head Start.  Well, I hope so.  Doesn't matter if he likes it or not.  He's going.
Zuri's learning new words every day.  Today, she worked on 'spaghetti' and calling her brother downstairs when I call him.  Spaghetti comes out like 'C-E-e' and Aaron is 'Anan', so she's doing pretty good with it.
I've missed the gym all week.  Normally, I wake up and want to go.  I can't wait to go.  But this week, every day of the week I've decided that going is the last thing I want to do.  I know, I should suck it up and go, but I just can't seem to force myself.  I have managed to get dressed for the gym everyday, but I'll start cleaning the house, consider the gym and decided not to go again.
Some sad news, one of my favorite sites is closing down.  Maya's Mom is shutting it's doors.  Many people are pissed about it.  I'm a little sad, but considering the people I care about I'll never lose touch with, I'll live.
Nick's NALO flight was approved, so as long as they don't break down in Greece, he'll be home planned.  I'm happy.  I can't wait.  I get a foot run when he returns!  Yay!
So, that's my boring week.  Sorry nothing blew up or anything more interesting happened.  maybe next week!  I have been cooking every day lately, so the chances of me catching the kitchen on fire had gone up two times.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I, too, am a little disoriented about Maya's Mom closing. Baby Center is just SO big. And, I don't want to take any crap from those hussies. LOL

I'm sure Aaron will like school once he gets in to it. Won't it be nice to be back on that routine?

And, yay for Zuri learning new words. I can't wait for Camryn to say something that isn't in an international language.

And, is Nick giving you a foot run or foot rub?! I mean, I'm just sayin. lol

ChefDruck said...

What! Maya's Mom is shutting down? Babycenter bought them to shut them down???? WTH? I'm so bummed! I hope the founders at least made some money from it.

Have you guys checked out Mom Bloggers Club?

Sara said...

I left MM rather than transfer. Everyone I need to really talk to I have right here!

Sara said...

Found your link on BBC and love your blog. Will be back.

Sara
http://newsfromnola.blogspot.com/