Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back!

Wow, we had a busy weekend.  I went to the in-laws with the hopes of cleaning out some of my MIL's stuff.  She's a pack rat.  We cleaned out her china cabinet and threw away a full trash bag of stuff.  I mean, who needs a used spongebob table cloth from my son's 2nd birthday party?
Besides trashing the junk, we went shopping for Aaron's school clothes, went to the movies, played in the sun in the back yard and spent some time with Nick's grandparents, both of which are 85.
The school clothes thing sucked.  Aaron is in Kindergarden and they have 'uniforms'.  Which, I'm okay with.  Except for Aaron, finding these damn polos is next to impossible.  He wears a toddler size, still.  We actually got three at the children's place in a size 24months.  Yeah, he's that small.  I was only able to find 3 in his size and had to get two more from wal-mart in a size 4/5.  They hand all the way down to his knees, but since we have to tuck it in, it shouldn't be an issue.
We saw the movie 'Space Chimps' on Saturday.  Aaron was enthralled with the movie and really enjoyed it.  Zuri on the other hand was only there for the sodas and the candy.  Other than that she tried running down the aisle, which resulted in a lost shoe.  Good thing the theater wasn't crowded.  Glad we went a few weeks after it hit the theater.
Saturday afternoon, my swimsuit that we ordered arrived and I tried it on by going in the back yard with the kids, playing (er, Laying) in the kiddy pool.  We also had a sprinkler going so that we could get wet and the lawn could get watered at the same time.  I decided to skip the sun block on me and have actually acquired a decent tan.  I'm shocked, normally I look like I've spent all day in an oven after an hour of sunlight, but I think waiting until after 3 helped out a lot.
Every Saturday that we're in town, we go out to breakfast with Nick's grandparents.  It's become a tradition and it's a yummy one at that.  We also try and go Bingo every once in a while, so Saturday night my Mother-in-law, Nick's grandmother and I all went out to play.  Unfortunately all I accomplished was crocheting 10 rows in an afghan I'm working on.  Nick's grandmother usually wins something, but if I go, no one wins.  I'm cursed.  I'm giving up Bingo forever.
Saturday was also mine and Nick's Anniversary.  4 years on the 9th.  He ordered me a jewelry box as a gift, which should be here in a few weeks. It's handmade in an Asian style (he actually met the guy who makes them, he sells them in the exchange on the Bahrain base and other military bases) and will have my name engraved in to it.  It's decorated with mother of pearl butterflies and has gilding on it.  It's really pretty ( I got to see a picture of it at least)
Speaking of Nick, he had a good scare on Friday at work.  There is a big-wig going to Bahrain sometime soon and they had to prep the base for him.  That meant moving lots of random things.  One of them was  jet blast shields.  Nick was in the crew that was unloading them from the truck to their new home.  The shields are solid concrete and weigh aprox. 5 tons.  They have to be lifted by crane.  According to Nick, he was directing the shield and one of the rings that hold it to the crane snapped.  The shield tipped, Nick noticed and ran.  The shield landed about a foot or two behind him.  Scared the crap out of him and everyone watching.  Luckily, he's okay, I'll just have to send him new underwear.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Glad you're back and had a good time.

I can't believe Aaron can wear a 24 mo. shirt! Wow! I bet he has a big growth spurt this year. :)

That is really scary about Nick. Yes, I would defnitely send him new underwear. Glad no one was hurt.

About the tan - you suck! LOL I so wish I could tan.

Christine said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend with the family!

I agree, VERY scary about your hubby, the underwear comment made me laugh!!!

ChefDruck said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I'm so glad your husband is okay - that sounds very scary.

Thanks for the link on your blogroll - I'm going to add you too!

Christina said...

Wow, what a weekend! For the school uniforms I was going to suggest Old Navy, if you haven't already been there. They have some uniform stuff. Children's Place is the bomb for that kind of thing. I actually bought Saskia one of those uniform skirts because it was so cute, not that she needs it.

Glad to hear that Nick is okay. That must have been seriously scary!

Happy Anniversary!

Homeslice said...

I'm LOL about the new underwear comment. Seriously scary. I hope Nick is done with scares for the immediate future.

4 Lettre Words said...

What a great weekend! Really love the breakfast-with-Nick's-grandparents thing!!