Saturday, August 23, 2008

Craft Closet

Today, after the inlaws came and went, I decided to tackle my newest project.  I was going to save it for during the week while Aaron was at school, but I couldn't stop thinking about how cool the results would be, so I jumped on it now.  I also managed to sweat out two gallons of sweat while working on it, so I'm counting today as a gym day! All of the things I needed to do this were downstairs and where I was doing it was upstairs, so about 40+ trips up and down the stairs, I think I have buns of steels and legs of jelly.
So, here it is, my newest 'renovation' in this apartment...
Before:

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

Later, I plan on buying a 48"X20" table that will fit up against the wall and a folding chair to keep up here.  I'm going to use the landing as a craft area.  I think the total cost of the project was $40, but that was because I needed some of the smaller bins.  I probably could have done without the black and white ones, but they were really pretty and just the right size.  I even found a place for all the uniforms, jackets, prom dresses, christmas decorations, christmas trees and random christmas kitty.
So, this is it, Lisa's Crafting Closet!  All the junk from 3 rubbermaid containers, one storage ottoman and countless boxes all over the house, shoved into a closet and made to look reasonably pretty!

10 comments:

Homeslice said...

it looks fabulous! i had a good time organizing my craft closet too, but i have to admit it's a total freaking mess again.

Christine said...

Now that's some organizing!!! Labels and all ~ Woo Hoo!!! GREAT JOB :)

4 Lettre Words said...

Love it! My craft bookcase is a similar concept, but it doesn't look quite that nice. Good work!

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome!!! Great job!!!

Dawn said...

Having Andrea there with you to clean and organized has kicked you into high gear. Now nothing is stopping you! :)

The closet looks awesome!! Good job! And, you're right, the black and white boxes are very pretty

Annita said...

That does look awesome! Like a picture for the Container Store!

Lweeks said...

Lisa, you did a great job! Now, I'm excited to see what you'll be making.

Melissa said...

It looks great!!! Congrats on a job so very well done:)

Cynthia said...

Well done! I love uncluttering:)

jae said...

That looks fantastic! Now come over, build me a closet, and organize for me!

I pay in cookies.