Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dumpster Diving: The highlight of my day

No, not the highlight because it's the best thing to happen all day, but it sure was the funniest.
I took the trash to the dumpster and also brought my mail to drop off on the way back.  I threw in the bag, threw in a pizza box I had with me then threw in, OH SHIT, the mail!  I stood there and just stared at my nasty mail.  Settling in at the bottom of the dumpster.  I couldn't just leave it there, it would bother me for months, knowing 6 signed checks were just chilling somewhere, waiting to be found.  Two things went my way at least.  I threw it far enough it went nearly to the other side where the other sliding door was and they had just emptied the dumpster this morning, so at least it hadn't landed on a baby diaper or something equally disgusting.  I walked over to the other door, slid it open and reached in and was able to grab all but one letter.  For this one, I had to bend over and reeeeeeach.  Nope, still not good.  I was about 1/2 an inch too far away.  So I leaned my weight on the edge of the door and see-sawed myself in the dumpster.  I'm sure people driving by found it funny to see my giant ass hanging out of the dumpster, feet kicking while I tried to grab that last letter.  I finally managed to grab it without touching massive amounts of my skin to the bottom of the dumpster, just the tips of my fingers.  I mailed off the letters, covered in strange slimy stuff and then went home and took a HOT shower.  Yucky.
The good thing that happened to me today was that my clothes that I ordered a while back came in.  I ordered 2 pairs of pants and 5 shirts from American Eagle because Nick loves them and said they were awesome.  I measured myself before I bought and according to my measurements, I'd fit in the largest sizes they carry (not too bad, considering they only go up to 18).  The whole time I've been waiting, I've been worried they won't fit.  That they'll be too tight and I'll have to send them back.  I got them this morning and with the exception of one of the pants, they fit perfectly.  The pants that didn't fit were able to be buttoned and sat right on my thighs, but the part around my waist was too tight.  I have to lose about 5-10lbs to get them to feel right.  I'm hoping I can do that before Nick gets home, I wanted to pick him up in the pants with one of the shirts.  It's a really cute outfit.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I can totally picture the whole dumpster scene. Too funny.

Way cool about the clothes! Hit the gym next week - I'm sure you'll lose the weight you need to to fit in those pants! You'll have to post a picture.

Anonymous said...

ewww. so sorry! once i threw my eyes in, of all places, a TACO BELL garbage can. i had to dig through that mess to get them. i never fully recovered.

congrats on the weight loss!

Sara said...

My only thought would be coming by and smacking your ass as you were hanging over the edge. Is that bad? I'm laughing picturing it, even though I am sure you were not.

I luv new clothes!

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, my goodness...that is SO something I would do. Yuck!

New clothes are always fun, though! Way to go!!

Cynthia said...

Oh my, glad you didn't have to go in the dumpster!

Christine said...

I don't know how ya did it!!!! Funny story :)