Monday, September 1, 2008

Finished it!

For a month, I've been working on an afghan for Andrea.  It's the largest project I've ever crocheted and I am so happy to say that it is done!  I can't wait to send it to her so she can see it.  I also learned a lot while working on it.  Nick's aunt taught me how to join blocks with a crochet stitch instead of a whip stitch and I also learned a few new stitches.
It's been a really fun project and I'm going to start a new one, a baby blanket, as soon as the yarn comes in that I've ordered.

Here's the finished project:
Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Christine said...

WOW! Great job!! I love the colors :)

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous colors! Congrats!

Dawn said...

It's beautiful! Well done! :)

Lweeks said...

Looks great Lisa. I had no idea you had such talent. Are your fingers sore???

Sara said...

That looks awesome, Lis, nice job! Now where's mine? (Kidding... I just need to finish my own crap.)

4 Lettre Words said...

Woohoo! Great colors!

PaigeKate said...

How big is this afghan? I used to have the book and I'm wanting to make this over a long car trip but I can't remember how big it is.