Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dolphin Pee

I took the kids to the TX State Aquarium today.  They had a lot of fun running around looking at all the fish.  We also watched the dolphin show (again).  We sat in the very front row, in the center.  I've seen this show maybe 10 times and every time they tell you 'If you're in the blue row, you might get wet.'  I've always sat in the blue row, and I've never gotten wet.  Today was different though, we got soaked.  One of the dolphins splashed us three times.  Zuri loved the water and was licking it off her hands.  I made the mistake of saying; 'Yummy, Dolphin Pee' and Aaron freaked out.  I guess Dolphin Pee is nasty.  Hehe.

I didn't bring my camera because they haven't changed the exhibits since the last time we went.  BIG mistake.  On the way down to see the underwater dolphin exhibit, we caught them playing with a large cat.  About the size of a bobcat, but with spots.  When they noticed we were watching, they told us it was an African Serval.  So beautiful.  I can't believe I missed out on getting a picture of one.   


*photo was found on photobucket.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Who was playing with the cat? I really hope the staff. Letting children play with large wild kitties might be bad for for them. Maybe. Unless you don't like them.

Homeslice said...

sounds like fun! i love the salty flavor of dolphin pee ;-)

4 Lettre Words said...

Ahhh...that sounds like fun. I know Sam would love getting splashed by dolphin pee! Me. Not so much.