Monday, September 15, 2008

Bringing you up to speed

I know it's been a while since I've blogged and also a while since I've read anyone else's blog.  Sorry about that.  We had to evacuate for the hurricane and I've also had a ton of things on my plate since Nick is coming home soon.
Getting ready for a return from deployment is nearly as stressful as getting ready to send them on deployment.  I've had to turn on a cell phone, clean out the cars, clean the whole house, find an outfit to wear and do some 'personal maintenance' that I've been neglecting for the last few months.  I also have a baby blanket needs to be done in the next month and plans for another one plus a matching stuffed animal and a scarf that I'm hoping to be able to give as a Christmas gift.  Good thing I'm learning to type while crocheting so I can still maintain a level of activity on the social site I frequent and on the crochet/knitting forum that I like to use for ideas.
I'm hoping to get updated on reading some other blogs in the near future (maybe after things have settled down) because I really miss hearing about how my friends are doing (ps, if you know my number, just call me, I can talk and clean at the same time, but can't type and clean at the same time.).
And for you random strangers who read this... Sorry I'm not more entertaining.  Next time, I'll juggle flaming bowling balls while covered in honey, standing over an ant hill.  Get your cameras ready :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the husband's return, and I'm glad you were able to escape Ike.

Lweeks said...

Lisa! I was worried about how you were doing. I'm so glad to see your post. Exciting and busy times - Hooray! Enjoy it hon.

Dawn said...

You have been on my mind the past few days. I'm glad to know you weathered this storm okay.

The thought of you standing on an ant hill covered in honey totally cracked me up!!

I'm glad you're back. Now, get all that cleaning done so you can be back on the net!

Homeslice said...

i was wondering where the heck you were! i even checked my rss feed to make sure it hadn't malfunctioned. glad you are all okay . . .

Mimi said...

Glad to know you're safe! And hopefully Nick will return home with no delay due to Ike!

Crocheting while typing? That's a good trick! You use your toes?

4 Lettre Words said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well. I hope things are back to normal really soon.

Have fun with your hubby!!

Sara said...

That mental image is cracking me up. Welcome back to the greater blogesphere (is that a word?). I got the hint - I'm a horrible friend and need to pick up the phone. Have I mentioned I'm lazy?!?

Hope things go well in Nick-coming-home preps. Be careful with the "personal maintainence." I can only imagine...

Christina said...

I was thinking about you while watching the news. Glad to hear you're okay. No worries about not reading blogs, I haven't been either for a few weeks. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Congrats on Nick's return, although I'm sorry the prep work is so stressful!

Dawn said...

I'm guessing you and Nick are doing some major catching up! You're missed on here. :)